NPM Conference Earlybird Registrations Closing!
Earlybird registrations for this years 8th Biennial International Indigenous Research Conference (13-16 November) close on 1 August.
The overarching theme of our conference this year is “Indigenous Futures”, and all of the speakers and activities will be exploring different ideas, research and kōrero surrounding this conference theme. Over 200 abstract submissions from around NZ and the world were received this year and we will be announcing the provisional programme for the conference very soon.
2018 Keynotes include:
- Dr Chelsea Bond (Munanjahli and South Sea Islander woman) Senior Lecturer with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies Unit, University of Queensland
- Dr. Marie Delorme (Métis, Canada) CEO of The Imagination Group of Companies and chair of the Chiniki Trico Board
- Professor Charles Menzies (First Nations, Canada, Member of Gitxaala Nation) Department of Anthropology, University of British Columbia
- Professor Poia Rewi (Tūhoe, Ngāti Manawa, Te Arawa), Dean of Te Tumu, School of Māori, Pacific & Indigenous Studies, University of Otago
- Dr 'Aulani Wilhelm (Hawaiian) Senior Vice President for the Centre for Oceans Conservation International
The 2018 conference will also include an opening address from NPM's departing Chair Tā Tīpene O'Regan ... not to be missed!
We are also reopening our fantastic Indigenous 3 Minute Thesis Compeition which proved to be an audience favourite at our last conference. Details of this and how to register can be found here.
For more information on this years conference visit our website here. We will soon be announcing details of our Fundraising Movie Night, Māori Politicians Debate and our famous NPM Conference Dinner.
Nau mai! Haere mai!